Hi Daniel,

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 11:15:34AM +0200, Daniel Koć wrote:
> I have encountered some routing errors using our main website, but
> while trying to report it, I've found nowhere I could do it on the
> website and Tom said there's only one way to report it - directly at
> respective routing providers.
>
> I will manage that, but I think we should have better integration
> with them, because average user would be confused. I mean something
> like: "Wrong route? report it!" button/link sending the message to
> the current provider and maybe note on the map (in case this is a
> tagging problem).

Typically there is no such thing as a route error. The engine consumes
the OSM Data, interprets it based on rules and then makes a
mathematically decision which route is the most preferred one (typically
shortest or fastest).

The causes for dissatisfaction with the route are typically

- OSM data - Badly tagged/attributed
- Bad or Intransparent data consumption e.g. scoring of the router
- Expectation caused by local knowledge which cant be represented in
  tags

Routing engines can only be "quite good" not perfect whatever
attribution you put in the data.

I am always trying routing engines to guide me home and i am never
satisfied with the result - Some refuse to route via tracks (which i
happen to live at - in the middle of the Woods), some take very strange
decisions for bicycle routes.

So reporting bugs for routing is VERY difficult. It depends on the time
of the data snapshot, route, profile for data consumption (e.g. osrm lua
profile), time of day, expectation etc ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f...@zz.de
     We need to self-defense - GnuPG/PGP enable your email today!