W dniu 22.08.2015 12:34, Lester Caine napisał(a):

the motorway still stands out clearly against the water courses. The

So we just disagree here: for me it's just barely "spottable", which is far from clear difference, as you see it.

That more styles are required is a simple fact. The problem is allowing
access to an appropriate style rather than the current single option
provided by the main page. We need to be able to select style AND
language defaults in much the same way that projects like php provide
multiple mirrors with local translations and information.

I guess this might be primary a problem of limited resources.

Could anybody with technical background in the inner OSM workings tell us what is holding us back with introducing new styles (be it raster styles, additional/interactive layers or even vector tiles)?

--
"The train is always on time / The trick is to be ready to put your bags down" [A. Cohen]