On 30/08/15 13:02, Dave F. wrote:
> As it doesn't help anyone learn the basics of OSM, it has no purpose on
> a wiki & be removed.

The fact that there are now two identical icons is a little careless,
but that icon has a very valid place on both the original pages (
multiple languages ) that explaon exactly what a tag is, and I see that
icon as an indication that the detail I'm looking at has a assortment of
icons within the page. YES is some places it has been used where there
is not currently an available icon on the rendering which has now been
added, but often the only way of viewing data tagged by k=v is to search
on the raw data rather than expecting an icon to appear on the map. It
has very well defined uses, which may need an element of tidying up, but
if you remove it do you start by wiping the basic 'tags' pages?
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tags is a basic starting point and
k=v makes perfect sense ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL