Am 19.11.2015 um 15:17 schrieb Paul Johnson:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 7:54 AM, Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch
> <mailto:si...@poole.ch>> wrote:
>
>     This seems a bit of an odd time to announce a schism and I'm sure
>     you didn't intend for your statement to come across as it just did.
>
>     While rabid anti-OSMers are gaining more power and influence in
>     HOT and MM,
>

> Not sure what MM is, but how can you be anti-OSM and be on the
> Humanitarian OSM Team?  Seems rather self-defeatist.

MM == missingmaps, sorry.

The point is that you can use OSM, the infrastructure and tools, as a
convenient and free service for mapping without buying in to OSM the
collaborative, community driven mapping project, the only thing which is
really required is that you have to live with the licence as determined
by the contributors. In the end not much different than if you were to
buy such a service from ESRI.

Now we don't really require buy in to OSM the project when people sign
up, historically this has mainly caused issues with individuals and some
times companies that have gone off on a tangent. But there is no doubt
that a lot of things about OSM are "different", the rules, the
structures (or rather the absence of them), how we technically do things
and in the end getting community buy in to whatever you are doing, that
are considered pesky annoyances and particularly a hindrance when you
are on a mission to save the world.

Simon