El onsdag 31. august 2016 09.39.46 CEST Oleksiy Muzalyev escribió:
> But this approach is not scalable, - even on this map you can see three
> /Rua C/, four /Rua A/ (Rua means Street in Portuguese). Without a
> central authority it will end up in numerous duplicates.

See, Oleksiy, you're once again trying to steer the conversation your way by
abusing strawman arguments and false dichotomies.

So it goes like this:

You: "Classical addresses suffer from problem A, and it's either perfection or
a huge problem A, so magical addressing system must be put in place".

Someone else: "You will not achieve perfection with magical addressing system,
besides, A will be a problem no matter what and there are other alternatives
to mitigate A."

You: "Those alternatives suffer from problem B, and it's either perfection or
a huge problem B, so magical addressing system must be put in place".

Someone else: "You will not achieve perfection with magical addressing system,
besides, B will be a problem no matter what and there are other alternatives
to mitigate B."

You: "Those alternatives suffer from problem C, and it's either perfection or
a huge problem C, so magical addressing system must be put in place".

... and so on, and so on, and so on.

After years of seeing flame threads and trolling, detecting this stuff gets
tiring. You're mixing the use cases of delivering mail with being lost at
night, creating a strawman out of that, and with a false dichotomy, point out
that there is one and just one solution.

Postal addressing, land rights, parcel ownership, record management, and
territories contested between authorities are all difficult and interconnected
issues, AND THERE IS NO FUCKING MAGIC SILVER BULLET THAT WILL SOLVE ALL OR ANY
OF THOSE.

So if anybody tries to push a silver bullet solution to any of those, it will
trigger reactions and problems in the rest.

e.g. A change in the addressing system will impact land ownership management.
Does a person reachable by an address own the rights to just the addressed
area, to more, or to less? How to link those?

I know it's very easy to have this kind of tunnel vision where something cool
will fix a problem, and fixing that problem cascades in fixing all the
problems. But in the vast majority of cases, the side effects of these "silver
bullet solutions" are way, way greater than the good of the expected outcome.

</flame>

P.S. Kudos to the folks at Cadasta, who know the challenges of land ownership
better than me or anybody on this list.

P.P.S. If you want to give a fuck about magic addressing systems, use
www.what3fucks.com

--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <i...@sanchezortega.es> <i...@geonerd.org>
<i...@mazemap.no>