On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 7:30 PM, Matej Lieskovský
<lieskovsky.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, look here: https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/50.3124/13.8720
> The highway=trunk section is a bypass built to motorway specification. It is
> not even a motorroad, because it is so short, but the change in the
> character of the road is immense - it goes from 2 lanes to 2+2 lanes with a
> median, gets wider borders, no pedestrians, cyclists or agricultural
> vehicles allowed... The fact that it is drawn as a trunk road hints at all
> these changes.

You could also map it with lanes=4+foot=no+bicycle=no+agricultural=no
and let the renderer decide whether these things are worthy of special
representation or not.

As a map user, I'm left with a bad impression of a map with such
discontinuities, it looks messy and unprofessional. None of the
commercial alternatives to OSM have such artifacts. You may also look
for other maps of Czechia on Google Images and most won't show
artifacts like that either. Also look at the classification of
England, Australia and Russia in OSM and you won't find any similar
artifacts. I doubt their roads never change structure over long
distances.

--
Fernando Trebien
+55 (51) 9962-5409