W dniu 03.05.2018 o 23:20, Yuri Astrakhan pisze:

> I have posted in another threads about this, proposing
> "default_language" tag to be added to the admin (or smaller) regions
> to solve this.

I like this proposition. I was talking about "official_language", but
they might be added where they are known and defined, yet most of the
time "default_language" would be the best solution.

But we need to distinguish two different cases: hint for debugging
"name" tag (or any other, like "alt_name", for that matter) and real set
of default languages, for example:

name=België / Belgique / Belgien
name:default_language=nl / fr / de
default_language=de;fr;nl

You can analyze "name" (which might be specially crafted, for example to
be shorter) or just glue proper values like name:de, name:fr and name:nl
somehow, whatever suits your needs better.

We should also think of different scripts or conventions used with the
same language. Example:

name=Norge
name:default_language=nb

name:nb=Norge
name:nn=Noreg
default_language=nb;nn

Another example (I have to use some guess work):

name=中国
name:default_language=zh

name:zh=中国
name:zh-classical=中國
name:zh-hans=中国
name:zh-hant=中國
name:zh-min-nan=Tiong-hôa
name:zh-simplified=中国
name:zh-traditional=中國
name:zh-yue=中國
name:zh_pinyin=Zhōngguó
default_language=zh

(well, probably...)

> Copying the rules:
>
> * Use the largest possible admin region to set the "default_language"
> tag to a single language code.  "default_language" does not mean the
> official language of the region. It only specifies the language of the
> "name" tag.
> * A region may contain a sub-region with a different default_language.
> * If a region uses mixed languages in all of its name tags, eg. "[name
> in en] - [name in zh]", set default_language="en - zh".  Try to keep
> it to a somewhat parsable value to help data consumers.
> * In some rare cases, additional non-admin regions might be required
> for the default_language.  Try to avoid it if possible.

I would also add "default_language=none". It's not needed until you make
the cascading definitions (inheritance). When you don't know or it's
just hard to get right, it's good to "switch off" and fallback to what
we have now.

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]