Yes indeed, otherwise I wouldn't have recorded them.

I'd be happy to hear a better solution for survey points. The naive
approach is to assume that the latitude and longitude of the point in OSM
is the surveyed value, which it should be, but without external
corroboration you can't be sure.

Anyway, my point was it is sometimes appropriate to record explicitly the
latitude and longitude of a point, even though it's redundant. In fact in
that case redundancy is good.

In this general discussion concerning Open Location Code, tagging the
database objects with the OLC is dumb. As soon as someone moves the object
the OLC is wrong. To fix that we could re-tag the object with a new OLC, or
move it back to the place dictated by the OLC. Obviously, we don't want to
move it back (it was moved for a reason), so we could generate a new OLC
tag (from the object's lat/lon), but it's pointless storing that as it can
be easily and trivially calculated on the fly.

Andrew