20. Nov 2018 07:15 by tomasstrau...@gmail.com <mailto:tomasstrau...@gmail.com>:

> Hello
>
>   I think this needs more attention and should not be silently buried
> in archives.
>
>   OSMF/DWG has sided with Moscow to recognise illegal annexation of
> Ukraine's territory - Crimea.
>   >
> https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Working_Group_Minutes/DWG_2018-11-14_Crimea
>
> <https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Working_Group_Minutes/DWG_2018-11-14_Crimea>

To start from facts:

1) Russia started war with Ukraine and invaded its territory, for example Crimea

2) Russia successfully occupied Crimea and it is unlikely to change in near
future

3) OSM maps world as it exists, not as it should exist (on the ground rule).

------

Taken together it means that Crimea (territory occupied by Russia) should be
marked

as de facto within Russia.

It does not mean that Russian invasion is considered as legal/welcome/desirable
by

DWG or OSM community.

For reference: I really, really dislike the Russian government for obvious
reasons,

it is not changing that their invasion of Ukraine clearly succeeded at least in
case of Crimea.