Am 26.07.2019 um 19:30 schrieb Naveen Francis:
> Including my ₹ 0.10 (Indian ten paisa)
>
> Echoes same thoughts of Brazilian Real.
>
> AI-assisted human mapping tools will be a good aid for the OSM community.
>
> "Map faster, Map better".
>
> 40,00,000 kms to be mapped in India.
> 15 years of OSM mapped 18,00,000 kms.

The (rhetoric) question is, why is this the case?

Because the community in India is still very small relative to the
population size.

So from where will the additional contributors come from that will turn
the additional 4 million road geometries in to something really useful?
There is a real danger of the desire for "completeness" instead of
quality resulting in multiple TIGER 2.0s, and we are just now slowly
working ourselves out of the hole we dug (full of good intentions) with
the original.

Note on the side: outside of raw total  road length, a much more
sensible comparison would be completeness measures per road categories
(which I suspect is likely to look far less dramatic) and which might
give more realistic goals for the community.

Simon