Jun 22, 2020, 22:54 by jwhelan0...@gmail.com:

> The ones that stood out were highways that connected settlements to other
> settlements on the map.  These had been changed from highway unclassified
> surface unpaved to highway=track by a mapper with Apple connections.

Can you link them? I would revert them as tagging for renderer if original
mapping
was correct.

> They seemed to have retagged a fair number and I don't honestly recall
> exactly where they where.  I seem to recall sending an email to the mapper
> concerned pointing towards the Africian highway Wiki and assumed that was the
> end of the tale.

Remember to comment on changeset! Especially in case of paid mappers, as it
allows
to easily demonstrate they ignore requests from community and allows to better
judge
whatever sending message is useful or whatever it is repeated offender
qualifying for a block.

See https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Organised_Editing_Guidelines

> A conventional OSM mapper normally maps to add detail or correct glaring
> errors in the map.  A paid mapper might not have the same point of view.
>
> I know I'm cynical and I'm not even sure there is much that can be done about
> it.

Noticing that paid mappers at least care about both "paid" and "mapping" part
is obvious.

I would guess that getting paid is typically a primary concern, with OSM data
quality
being a secondary concern (if present at all).

In case of noticing low quality paid mapping - please, at least leave a
changeset comment.