Jun 22, 2020, 23:48 by dieterdre...@gmail.com:

> sent from a phone
>

>> On 22. Jun 2020, at 23:18, Mateusz Konieczny via talk
>> <talk@openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>>
>>> These had been changed from highway unclassified surface unpaved to
>>> highway=track by a mapper with Apple connections.
>>>
>> Can you link them? I would revert them as tagging for renderer if original
>> mapping
>> was correct.
>>

> sure, but how would you know the way is an unpaved unclassified road and not
> a track? You would need local knowledge. Well, what you could probably guess
> correctly, is that every settlement will be reachable through at least one
> road and not just tracks. If a road is the only connection between 2
> settlements, it is probably a road.

I would review aerial and changesets changing that and changeset comments and
quality
of work of paid mapper and whatever original mapping was done by someone more
trustworthy.

For example if "unclassified=>track" would be described as
"changing unpaved roads to highway=track" and original would be "marking sole
road to XYZ"
then revert would be obviously justified.

(real case would be likely murkier)