Hi,

I don’t want to go into specifics about this draft, that should be up to its
authors… just a general point:

> On 3. apr. 2016, at 21.20, Toerless Eckert <eck...@cisco.com> wrote:
>
> 1. Steps 1 and 2 look to me like "inside sausage factory", aka:
>   trying to reverse engineer the justification for some sane service
> descriptions
>   from past IETF work and real implementation knowledge on the side. I think
>   it would be lovely if Step 3 could end up as a separte document thats used
>   going forward, and 1.1 are for folks in historic interest (aka: separate
> them out).
>
>   But i am sure there is all type of important IETF/TAPS reasoning why this is
>   not desirable ;-)

Step 2 is a better practical basis for developing an API than step 3.
I’d agree about step 1; this only exists to systematically arrive at steps 2
and 3.

The reasoning behind the three steps is explained in
draft-ietf-taps-transports-usage

Cheers,
Michael