Hi István,

(Sorry if I got your name wrong, your name was not displayed
correctly on my system, probably due to conflict with my default
system language--Chinese (Taiwan), I hope it return to you as it
was)

> Then, at least as I see it, we have a pretty quirky functionality
> (message mapping) winning out over a *legitimate* requirement of a
> user to be able to back up his mails. Unless, of course, he backs up
> *all* his mail.

> This, also in my personal opinion, is sloppy functionality.

> I am not a great programmer myself, but a crew that could write a
> mailer like this ought to be able to *fully* implement "store in
> separate directory".

I beg to differ here. Maybe I started using email too long ago,
when no email client could handle attachments more than saving
them as files, I've always consider a saved attachment severed
from its original message. Be it a document from my supervisor,
or a picture from my mom, I then copy it to where it belongs,
and back it up there. If I move the message around in TB!, I
don't want its attachments to creep back into it no matter what.

Now, my idea of how TB! should handle this apparently differs
from yours and Andrew's (and maybe some others'). Someday if
RITlab decides to follow your idea and do exactly what you want,
I might voice my disagreement, but I won't say it's "sloppy
functionality", for it's not fair.

AFAIK, there is no email program (on Windows) that does what you
say.  If it's a wish, I respect it (though I disagree), but if
you make it sound like Stefan didn't do his job, then I
disagree.

Ming-Li             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]