Hello Ming-Li,

Friday, September 15, 2000, you wrote to me:

>>   MAPI is working really strange when I'm sending the page from
>>   IE..

>>   1. When I am trying to send page which is Russian windows-1251
>>   codepage it opens TB! window with Cyrillic (KOI8-R) codepage and
>>   with text translated from windows-1251. So the text is unreadable
>>   and I cannot add my own text. The attached web page is good though.

ML> I went to your homepage by clicking on the link in your signature
ML> and clicked on the first link under the title "Ivan Shokin's diary
ML> (in Russian) Part II". My IE told me the encoding of the page is
ML> "Cyrillic (Windows)", and the source said "charset=windows-1251".

ML> I then used the "Send page by email" function and a TB message
ML> editing window popped up. The message editing pane was full of weird
ML> Chinese characters (the default locale of my English Win2k is
ML> Traditional Chinese), for the default message encoding is "none". I
ML> changed the message encoding to "Cyrillic (Windows-1251)" and those
ML> Chinese characters turned into Russian. (Though I don't understand a
ML> thing I tried to compare the pattern of them to the web page in IE
ML> and they appeared identical to me.)

I don't think it will work for you. The problem wirh different
charsets in Russian is that the same characters are mapped
differently. It is not font problem or something. It means that
Russian "A" for example which is C0 in windows-1251 supposed to be
changed to E0 in KOI8-R and so on. So in viewer when you are changing
codepage TB! just puts filter to characters which will translate E0 to
C0 and I will see "A" letter. But if you will take text in
windows-1251, put the filter on it and show it in the editor window
you will see garbage. It doesn't matter what Russian codepage I will
choose after it because it will filter the text before the sending but
not change it on the screen.

Hope this explanation was good and you understand what I'm talking
about.

>>   2. There is only part of text shown in text part window. Some of it
>>   is only in attached file.

ML> Can't confirm this either.

Hm... This is strange.
For example on my pages I see parts of JavaScript text which I suppose
not to see. On other pages I see only part of text but probably it is
the same script reason so TB! cannot understand where is the end of
the text.

ML> BTW, my IE is version 5.5, if that matters.

The same here.

Peter Gannushkin
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]