Hello Jernej,

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 17:07:50 +0100 GMT (22/Dec/09, 23:07 PM +0700 GMT),
Jernej Simončič wrote:

>> Improperly assumed, you mean. If it's changed, it's wrong.

JS> No. If the font doesn't have an Unicode table, it's assumed to be
JS> CP1252

Why? I'm sure you can point me to something.

JS> (I previously wrote ASCII, which was wrong).

Changing your mind?

JS> Nobody should be using such fonts with the assumption that anybody
JS> else will be able to see the same thing. Unicode has some dingbats
JS> standarized, and these characters will display properly regardless
JS> of the target system, as long as the computer has an appropriate
JS> font installed (this is a fairly safe assumption on modern
JS> computers). ☂

I agree with the font, just not with the charset assumption.

>> Well, the same people that made IE also made Windows. Just a thought
>> of what is to be considered "proper" in this environment.

JS> You're assuming the wrong environment, which is in this case Internet.

This is becoming too philosophical. I just learned from a fan of Al
Gore's that he never said he invented the internet... Where should
this lead, I ask you?

-- 

Cheers,
Thomas.

http://thomas.fernandez.hat-gar-keine-homepage.de/

Message reply created with The Bat! 4.2.13.8 ALPHA
under Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3


________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 4.2.13.8 | 'Using TBBETA' information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Reply via email to