Hello Simon,

Sorry for top-posting, but my email client is not very good at HTML... ;-)

These are a few of the headers I found in the source of the incoming message:

------------1016115C1189A014

[follow by the plain text part of the message, i.e. only the offter]

------------1016115C1189A014

[followed by gibberish, which my email client interpreted as an attached gif
file]

Not really a reason to "up"grade from v4 to v5 methinks, and not an improvement
for the user.

Hi Thomas

Wednesday, May 4, 2011, 3:00:15 PM, Thomas wrote:

> Hello Tony,

> On Tue, 3 May 2011 18:00:58 +0100 GMT (04/May/11, 0:00 AM +0700 GMT),
> Tony Hoare wrote:

>>> I just tested Gene's mail using Windows Live Mail and I see the
>>> image. As Tony said, some MUA are more forgiving, from what you say, TB!4.x
>>> is more forgiving as well.

>>> Is this a bug or a feature though?

TH>> I wouldn't want to distract the devs from the more pressing issues:
TH>> Filters and virtual folders - for me at least.

> Sure. But if image attachments are not shown any more, I would qualify
> this as another show-stopper.

This is a gray area. This is a badly formed mail. There are no MIME headers. We
can't blame TB! for that.

Behaviour depends on the MUA of choice. These are the tests I did.

Platform
Program
Result
Windows
emClient
Shows uuencode data
Windows
TB! 5.x
Shows uuencode data
Windows
Windows Live Mail
Shows image correctly
Linux
Evolution
Shows image badly
Webmail
sqwebmail
Shows uuencode data

Definitely not a show stopper.

--
   __ _ Debian GNU User Simon Martin
  / /(_)_ __ _ ___ __  __  Project Manager

--
Cheers,
Thomas.