Dear Alto,

 --->>> Alto Speckhardt / Sunday Sun  22. Apr 2012, 01:16 PM
        IMAP - how to permanently store eMail local

E>> Ok, I installed IMAPsize - looks good. I have renamed a whole tree
E>> with ease. But the refresh is very bad. I required a long time to
E>> read the folder structure (1228 folders).

> Well, I have about 130 folders, and it already takes its time - what
> do you epect for ten times this much? ;-)

If I know the end result is fine I have no problem to invest 24 hr for
the whole process.

E>> But when I place the cursor on a folder to see the content I have
E>> to hit enter "to get the messages" in a separate move. Is there a
E>> simpler way having folder and messages in folders read all at
E>> once?

> Yes of course, that's the whole point of it: Use the "backup
> account" function. You can select which folders to download, and you
> can select where to store them (defined in settings.) Also, you can
> define a pattern how to name the files (e.g. "id - date - sender".)

I  made  a  test backup and it created more folders than the original.
Example:

ORIGINAL FOLDER:
Inbox
 +- Client 1
 |   +- Name 1
 |   +- Name 2
 |   |   +- Task 1
 |   |   +- Task 2
 |   +- Name 3
 +- Client 2
 |   +- Job 1
 |   +- Job 2
 +- ect ect ect

IMAPsize is creating the following structure

IMAPsize FOLDER:
Inbox
 +- Client 1
 |   +- Name 1
 |   |   +- Year number
 |   +- Name 2
 |   |   +- Year number
 |   |   +- Task 1
 |   |   |   +- Year number
 |   |   +- Task 2
 |   |   |   +- Year number
 |   +- Name 3
 +- Client 2
 |   +- Year number
 |   +- Job 1
 |   |   +- Year number
 |   +- Job 2
 |   |   +- Year number
 +- ect ect ect

That  will  require  a  lot  of  hand  work at the end unless I missed
something.

> Then you just need to execute Account/Account Backup once to get the
> process running. This will replicate the entire folder structure to
> your harddisk.

Who do you mean this?

Maybe  I am doing something wrong and you could tell me how to make it
better?

--
   best regards          | Using The Bat! 5.0.36.5 (BETA)
       Eddie               | on Windows 7 6.1