Hello Viktor,

> Probably the encoding was simply not applied. My messages are in Czech, but
> IMO we can safely suppose the problem doesn't depend on the language, but
> on the encoding. Encoding read out of the email doesn't seem to be
> correctly passed to the system viewer. If the HTML itself bore a correct
> header, all may have been OK. But in these messages, the HTML just starts
> right off with text.
> The internal viewer shows them properly right from the start.

I  can  confirm  on all that. I have several messages (HTML only) created
using Thunderbird and they look like

<head>
</head>

The  system  viewer  doesn't  respect  the  UTL-8 character set, but the
internal viewer shows them properly.

Uwe

Using The Bat! v5.1.2 on Windows 7 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1
5 POP3 accounts, no IMAP, no OTFE