On Tue, 1 May 2001 03:43:43 +0200, MaXxX graced us with these comments:

ST>> How exactly? I need step-by-step instructions of how to reproduce
ST>> what you mean. I did not experience any problems with Undo for years.

M> I've been trying to make it bug every time, but to no avail. I have
M> only a few suspections - as it seems to happen most often with deleting
M> and undoing the deletion of a BIG block of text.

M> Try this one, it seems to work MOST of the time: select a line of text,
M> CUT it (ctrl+x), select another, cut, select another cut, and like this
M> a few times. Then try to undo all those cuts. I'm not talking about
M> hitting the undo buffer limit - it should undo more than six or seven
M> such cuts, right?

Hmmm. Seems to work fine here. I cut out ten single lines and undid them
fine. I then cut out 10 clips of variable length and undid them again. The
undo hasn't really failed me. I personally have created some text
formatting macros and sometimes I often have to undo them and this has
never been a problem.

ST>> Here nicknames are working perfectly. I use them many times every
ST>> day. Details, please.

M> Okay, this one goes for you. Looks like I'm an ex-Netscapish moron...

M> Let's say that I have a friend with an address "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" and a
M> nickname "jonny". I type "jo" and I see "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" appended for me.
M> Fine, but it only recognized my typing in an email address. I want it to
M> recognize a nickname - so I continue to type, "jonny", and..... nothing
M> appears.

M> I _know_ that hitting TAB or DOWN will make Bat recognize the nickname,
M> but what if I don't remember its correct spelling? The way Netscape
M> does it is much more useful: a partially typed nickname is
M> automatically "suggest-expanded" the way email addresses are now in The
M> Bat, or a list of possible nicknames and email addresses appeard
M> somewhere below the entry field...

This sounds like a feature request, rather than bug fix. I agree that it
would be good to have.

M>>> * deleting unread threads sometimes results in mistakes in folder's
M>>> message count

ST>> "Sometimes" is a bad word for bug reports. :-) So, could you please be
ST>> more specific on this because I could not reproduce it?

M> I still can't pin the sucker down, but it's acting like this:

M> - I receive a bunch of messages, possibly some mailing lists
M> - I enter some folder with a few new messages
M> - I read some of them, I delete the whole threads with other ones
M> - In the end, I have no more unread messages in the folder (even CTRL+] and
M>   CTRL+[ refuse to find any remaining unread messages) but still the message
M>   counter says that I have 1 or 2 unread msgs!
M> - Exiting and entering a folder brings the counts back to normal

M> I doesn't ALWAYS do this, so I'll have to watch my message counts more closely
M> to produce a 100% replayable bug.

This one eludes me as well. There's one particular folder from which I
delete threads quite a lot while reading but I haven't seen unread message
counts when there really aren't any unread messages. There's probably some
ingredient to produce the problem that you haven't mentioned. :-/

©Allie
- --
A. Curtis Martin
List Moderator (and fellow end-user)