Ivan,

>> Like my browsers, TB! does not print background colors or images
>> when it prints HTML formatted messages.  Unfortunately, unlike
>> my browsers, TB! doesn't seem to be smart enough to print WHITE
>> text as BLACK when it does this.  As a result, an email I printed
>> today was almost entirely blank because the moron who sent it
>> assumed that it would print the way a normal browser would print
>> it (I assume.)

>> It may be that I'm just not smart enough to find the appropriate
>> setting in TB! and if that is true, PLEASE tell me where I tell
>> TB! to render WHITE HTML text as BLACK.  I also didn't find an
>> option to tell TB! to print the background color or image, either,
>> which could make the white text visible by wasting lots of ink
>> and/or toner.

>> However, if TB! doesn't support these settings, I'd like to make
>> a request that there is at least an option to render WHITE text
>> as BLACK when printing.

IP> You can change the color of printout's background manually by creating
IP> and customizing a viewer profile in preferences->profile layout and
IP> selecting it in print setup.
IP> But that's a workaround, of course.

I'm not really interested in printing backgrounds because,
IMHO, they're a waste of ink/toner (both of which are rather
expensive.)  Not to mention that IMAGE backgrounds almost
ALWAYS reduce readability.

But still, an /option/ to enable printing background colors
and/or images might be useful to some people.

I was more thinking of having the print function "smart"
enough to recognize that a [text] color will be invisible
and "fix" the color.  In the code I've written, the print
function pre-scans what is to be printed and replaces
white with black for all text and graphic elements.  If
*I* can do it, I know that the wizards at RIT can do it,
too!  <smile>  (That's an honest compliment, by the way,
not a wisecrack.)

(Sorry for the delay, I've been out of the office for a bit.)

--
Steven Vallière | tb 5.3.6.0 (Christmas Edition) | mailto:the...@e-visions.com