> Thomas,

> Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 10:59:17 AM, you wrote:

TF>> What if I want to print in white, because the
TF>> paper I use is black?

> Interesting.  You have a VERY rare printer... <smile>
> But you also have a point.

TF>> No, I don't think the software should be second-guessing what colour I
TF>> would like better than the one coded into the HTML email, I think it
TF>> should print the colour exactly as in the email. (But then, I also
TF>> believe that emails should not be in white colour.)

> I was just hoping for something approaching HTML printing
> consistency, so that we could rely on things to print the
> same whether printed from a browser or an email program.
> All of the browsers I tried (Firefox, Chrome, IE and Opera)
> printed the white text as black and did not print the
> background colors (using the default settings.)

> A few years ago I found the setting to tell one of the
> browsers (probably Firefox, but I'm not positive) to print
> background colors and then it DID attempt to print the
> text in white -- but since my color printer has no white
> ink, that didn't work any better than printing white on white.
> For most of us, the print job needs to be rendered as a full
> page bitmap and then printed so that the "white" places are
> simply not printed at all.  Some printers can probably handle
> that themselves, but I doubt it is a generally available
> feature.

TF>> If a "smart" printing module is introduced, please make it optional,
TF>> so I can turn it off.

> I agree with that completely.  I never like being forced to
> do something the programmer's favorite way when alternate
> options are available.  Since the current code obviously
> already exists, what I'm hoping for could be a new option
> (possibly even an optional add-on/plug-in?)

There's too small a niche for such an uncommon task so TB guys will
definitely not implement this. The polygraphy folk who do this on a regular
basis print everything as pictures - which is my suggested way for you
as well.

 Ivan                            mailto:v...@mail.mipt.ru
5.3.6.0 (Christmas Edition) on Windows XP