On Thursday, November 30, 2017, 2:09:36 PM, you wrote:

> 11/30/2017  6:57 AM

> Hi Viktor,

> On 11/30/2017 Viktor Kabelac wrote:

VK>> Pressing Enter always created a new tab - correct?
> Correct

VK>> Could it be that in the earlier versions, you could enter the quick
VK>> search text and have the list filtered without pressing Enter (which
VK>> would have created the tab before, too)?
> Yup. This is exactly how it works here right now.

VK>> I also see another behavior I'm not sure I saw before:
VK>> - enter the name of one of us in the mailing list's message list, say
"viktor".
VK>> - pres enter, a tab will be created with the text "viktor"
VK>> - select the search text, delete it, press Enter
VK>> - *another tab* will be created sporting "viktor +"
=>>> Can anyone reproduce and possibly explain this?
> Why  do  you  press Enter? Deleting the text in Quick Search returns the
> message  list  back  to  the previous state before doing a Quick Search.
> There is no need for using the Enter key unless you wish to create a Tab
> for the search criteria.  For me it is brilliant!

Dear Paul,

Not for me - it does not work like that, using 8.0.14.1 alpha.
Entering text in the quick search field jumps to the next fitting
message (not the first), but does not filter the list. Clearing the
quick search text does not jump back, but changing the text does jump
further down the list to the next fitting message. Hitting ESC first
hides the quick search box and a second ESC hit resets the message
list, but does not close any tab.

Am I missing a setting here?

Best regards,
 Dimitar                  mailto:dito...@gmail.com