Hello Ira,
On Thu, 2 Aug 2018, at 13:24:53 [GMT -0700] (which was 22:24 where I
live) Ira wrote:

> I'm trying to get my wife set up on the bat, but I can't get the
> address book to populate. Right click=>Specials=>add sender to address
> book does nothing and scanning the inbox and telling it to add
> all senders for the last 6 months also does noting, claims there
> are no addresses to add. Also, I've told the bat to scan email
> address in the inbox to populate the recipient on a new mail
> and it fails most of the time.

Which The Bat! version do you have?

How did you scan the mail addresses in Inbox and Sent mails?
Have you created a address book for the account in Address Book
manager with File → New → Address Book?
Have you selected for account settings a address book?
Properties → General at section "Default Address Book" select one?
Using '<Default>' is not really the correct way.

> Also, sometimes or maybe always when sending a message new or
> resend, the bat automatically creates an attachment, called
> message.ht or something like that. How do I make it stop?
That happens if HTML mails are created. The attachment Message.html is
the HTML part of the mail and can not be removed.
If you do not want this attachment then you have to use plain text
mails which have no formatting.

--
Regards
Gwen

Using The Bat! Version 8.5.8.2 (ALPHA) (32-bit) on Windows 10.0 (Build 17134 )