Hello tbbeta,
On Fri, 3 Aug 2018, at 00:08:25 [GMT -0700] (which was 09:08 where I
live) Ira wrote:

> But besides that, why does add sender to address  book do nothing.
> Does it not work on imap accounts?

Let me try it. I will check.

> Why can't I
> hide if for simple users? Heck I'd hide it for me if I could as it
> just seems to be noise, same as separating the html and text
> portions of a message onto different pages. Why can I just have a
> message tab as that's whats important. Having to remember to check
> other tabs is onerous as is at some level showing all the embedded
> images as attachments.  I'd be happy if I could see them if needed
> but all the time I spend seeing what they are is a waste.

Then disable the display of the attachments pane.
Workplace → Attached Files → Hide
Workplace → Attached Files → Show as button
Select what you and you wife like.

--
Regards
Gwen

Using The Bat! Version 8.5.8.2 (ALPHA) (32-bit) on Windows 10.0 (Build 17134 )