Hello Alexander,

Thursday, March 31, 2022, 7:54:42 AM, you wrote:

> Let's proceed this way and see whether you can get the beta running:

> 1. Uninstall The Bat! via the Control Panel.
> 2. Make sure "The Bat!" folder is removed from C:\Program Files\...\ and from
> C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Local\...\ Delete them manually should these
> folders still reside on the disk.
> 3. Delete all shortcuts and unpin The Bat! from the Taskbar.
> 4. Restart Windows.
> 5. Install nau_thebat_64_10-0-0-6.msi
> 6. Access the Windows "Start" menu, start typing "The Bat!" and eventually
> start it up.

I followed the instructions on a test machine in my office.

1. Mapi does not work.  mailto is set to tblauncher.  Every time I use a mail
to option, it opens Outlook.
2. I had to dig down into a sub folder of \AppData\ to find the exe to make the
program work.

There is some  wrong in the install program app.  Installing a beta has never
been this difficult or challenge.

Trying to fix the registry also does not work.
> If I change the "Default" registry key at
> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\The Bat! mailto\shell\open\command"
> To run TheBat.exe instead of TBLauncher MailTo works OK

Over all, I got this version installed.  The proposed fixes to Mailto and mapi
do not work at all.

I look forward to a more stable beta.

Thank you.

Jerry