Hello Alain,

On Thursday, January 17, 2002 at 10:26:57 AM you wrote (at least in part):

AdG> I try it but couldn't agree with you:
AdG> here is how I test it:
[...]
AdG> 4) sent 2 messages with the same file attached: ADRESSES.DOC

As you already have set up a test account, would you test this:

- do not send two messages with same attachment, but only one.
- _Copy_ this one message after receiving from "Test_FA_1" to
  "Test_FA_2".
- have a look what attachments are in attachment directory, from
  Markus description I'd guess: one: ADDRESSES.DOC
- have another look into .tbb-files and I assume you'll find someting
  like "C:\Program Files\The Bat!\Mail\Test_FA\Attach\ADRESSES.DOC" in
  both of them.
- delete one message of this two, referring to the same attachment
- if Markus is right the attachment will disappear (may after purging
  Trash folder)

This is the reason why 'hard links' or 'index counts' would have to be
introduced when continuing the possibility of storing attachments in a
separate directory.
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"If people think nature is their friend, then they sure don't need an enemy."