On Thursday, October 23, 2003, MaXxX wrote...

> Greetings.

> I've recently been conversing with a friend of mine, who uses MS
> Outlook. All of his messages have an attachment called "winmail.dat",
> but, knowing that Outlook might be attaching weird files for its own
> evil reasons, I ignored it.

Outlook uses those winmail.dat files as richtext encoding (if I
remember correctly) or similar such things.

> So, my question: is it The Bat that fails to recognize an accepted
> standard for sending attachments, or (more likely, I know) does
> Outlook send weird things? And even if it does, how the heck can I
> pry the darned thing open??

Outlook sends weird things.  You'll probably notice the content-type
is labelled as application/ms-tnef, (if you cannot guess) is a
Microsoft specific type. ;)

  http://www.fentun.com/
  http://www.biblet.freeserve.co.uk/Download/WMDecode.zip
  

-- 
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams scoff at primitives
who beat drums to drive away evil spirits

Attachment: pgp00000.pgp
Description: PGP signature

________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 2.01.7 | "Using TBBETA" information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Reply via email to