Hello Thomas Fernandez,

on Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:23:54 +0700 (2003-12-21 04:23:54 in .nl) in the
message with reference <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you [TF]
wrote (at least in part):

>> If it's meant for some specific use / problem / user, then it should not
>> be available to the 'general' public / beta testers / at any site.

TF> I understand it isn't available if you browse the directory. You can
TF> download it when you have the direct link.

I'm just a messenger. Don't shoot him/her.

TF> Now what do you want Ritlabs to do? Introduce yet another password
TF> protection, or believe that members on this beta list are mature enough
TF> to not touch a beta that has not been officially announced here?

Obviously members on here are not mature enough. Why else do messages
about 'non-public' alphas/betas end up here ??

Yes, indeed, another password. Either protect the web-site or simply
mail it to those who are concerned.

TF> I think this whole discussion here is moot. If a beta is not
TF> officially announced here by Ritlabs, don't download it. Easy as that.
TF> I won't, that's for sure. I think this was discussed here a year or
TF> two ago at length,

Could be, I'm not on here that long. Do you expect me to dig through the
TBBETA archive from 2 years ago?

TF> I see no need for Ritlabs to ensure "other betas" hidden from us; we
TF> are not little children who have to jump and download everything that
TF> carries the name "beta".

I'm not.

TF>  But then, maybe some of us are... ?

See somewhere above.

--
Kind regards,
Peter Ouwehand

 Current beta is 2.03.10 | "Using TBBETA" information: