Hallo Tony,

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 19:24:31 +0000GMT (1-11-2004, 20:24 +0100, where I
live), you wrote:

TB>   I've just found over 140 bat.tmp files in my temp folder, is this normal
TB>   or excessive?

On reading your message, I decided to check my own temp folder and I
found a few more than your number, created on three different moments
in the recent past.
As I wrote yesterday evening (early this day) I checked my mail when I
got home and the download got stuck several times due to plug-in
troubles, so I deleted them.
The only reason not to delete them would be that they're temp files
from the current TB session, you can delete them as soon as you closed
TB.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

This is just one humble opinion, collect the whole series

The Bat! 3.0.2.4 Rush
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
1 pop3 account, server on LAN

 Current beta is 3.0.2.4 Rush | 'Using TBBETA' information: