Hello, Peter.

On Friday, November 5, 2004, 1:02:03 AM, you wrote:

KR>> Like Michael and Bernd, I wasn't able to find these, either. I
KR>> had a little trouble tracking down some of the others, as well,
KR>> since some are out of sequence.

> These are only available in the daily build from yesterday.

Ah...That explains it!

KR>> 2.    [X] Retrieve message structures together with message headers

> 9Val explained this to me yesterday: "It retrieves information about all
> message parts (if it is multipart), and therefore knows about has
> message attachments or not"

Why would one not want this?

KR>> 3.    [ ] When browsing messages, retrieve only message text

> In newer builds - so that if a message is greater than "n", TB! will not
> download attachments - a bit like the POP3 setting.

So, in

[ ] When browsing messages, retrieve only message text
    [ ] except messages smaller than [ ] K Bytes

if I check only the first box, no attachments will be downloaded,
and if I check the first two and put a number in the third,
attachments will be downloaded only if the message is smaller
than nK bytes?

KR>> 4.    [ ] Use precise counters (needs fast connection)

> This will show the message count on the server and not the difference
> between server and cached count - doing away with <*> and <n>

I'm confused by this one. What does the <*> mean, anyway, and
what is "the difference between server and cached count"?

Thanks for the reply!

--
Keith

--
Keith Russell
...10.0 times 0.1 is hardly ever 1.0.

Using The Bat! 3.0.2.4 Rush under Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 on a 2.4 GHZ Pentium IV
with 512 MB.

 Current beta is 3.0.2.4 Rush | 'Using TBBETA' information: