Hello Peter!

On Thursday, December 16, 2004 at 7:33:18 PM you wrote:

> Two: I'd like to have an option to save decrypted messages. Encryption
> is fine for transmission, but I don't need them necessarily encrypted
> on my computer. It was possible up to version 1.6? I think.

Wholeheartedly agree with your first point. Not quite with your
second.

Lets put it the easy way: If RITLabs thinks about implementing the
feature in question (saving decrypted versions) make it an option with
the default "No, don't save decrypted versions".

Doesn't make much sense if I send you a message with some
incriminating (lets imagine I live in Russia, Saudi-Arabia or China)
contents and you save a decrypted version. Just two days later your
comp gets seized (under current law you can also imagine I live in the
USA or Germany*), my message read and I executed, imprisoned or
interrogated by the IRS ...

*excuse in the US: terrorist; in Germany: tax evasion or child
pornography#
#this message will definitely be read by someone working within
Echelon

--
Dierk Haasis
:Dierk: Copy 'n' Concept

The Bat 3.0.2.10 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2

Chat info for ICQ, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Jabber upon request

Nur der Schwache wappnet sich mit Härte. Wahre Stärke kann sich
Toleranz, Verständnis und Güte leisten. (Tilly Boesche-Zacharowski)