Hello TBBETA,

Those of you who are also subscribed to TBUDL will have seen this
already, but I am still not sure whether I am doing something wrong or
whether it's a bug. The goal is to move messages to appropriate
folders in the main account regardless of whether they first arrive in
the main account or the subsidiary account. This is possible with
common filters. However, message arriving in the subsidiary account
first should be assigned a colour group, so I can see that in the
message list.

The bug appears to be that TB loses the reference to the message
object once the message is moved - contrary to what 9Val said earlier.

Here is the full text:

So I have a problem. You need two accounts to reproduce this:

I converted three of my over 100 filters in my main account to be
common filters which move messages to folders in the main account.
They used to work perfectly as account filters, and they still do
their job.

The account filters in the subsidiary account mark all messages with a
colour group. This works fine with message not caught by the common
filters. The sub account has only three filters, which I consider
irrrelevant for the moment.

Messages which arrive in the subsidiary account are moved by the
common filters to the main account as desired. However, they are *not*
colour-coded. The account filters are completely ignored.

Steps to reproduce:

1.) Don't use account filters in the main account. Switch them to be
common filters.

2.) Have an email arrive at the other (subsidiary) account.

3.) Use common filters to move messages to folders in the main
account.

4.) Have a filter in place in the sub account that assigns a colour
group.

The message will end up in the main account (that's correct) but the
filter in the sub account (assinging the colour group) will be
ignored. This is confirmed by the log file, even though the common
filter moving the message has "Continue Processing..." checked.

Is this a bug or am I trying something not intended? 9Val said that
the link to the message object will not be lost by moving.

--
Cheers,
Thomas.

No electrons were harmed in the creation, transmission or reading of
this email. However, many were excited and some may well have enjoyed
the experience.

Message reply created with The Bat! 3.0.2.4 Rush
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A