Hello Paul!

On Sunday, February 27, 2005, 7:26 AM, you wrote:

MB>> Note, however, that I do not object to others accepting more risk than
MB>> I do. :)

> Agreed. Gee-whiz functionality at the expense of privacy and security
> is too high of a price for me to pay. I do object to others taking
> risks if doing so has an impact on others. Irresponsibility begins as
> soon we allow our actions to negatively affect someone else.

Thank you for expanding my thought. I agree completely with your last
sentence. This all comes down to looking out for our neighbors as well
as ourselves. Here, as in so many parts of our lives, it's a judgment
call on the priorities. Sometimes compromises are necessary, when not
negatively affecting one neighbor will result in negatively affecting
another.

I like the words of the old Hypocratic oath: First, do no harm.

One can at least strive for that.

Mary
The Bat 3.0.2.10 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2

 Current beta is 3.0.9.1 Deep Alpha | 'Using TBBETA' information: