On 7/18/05, Natasha V Pearce wrote:
>  been  taken  out  of context, but if you feel I've misquoted you and/or
> quoted
>  them  in  a  misleading or otherwise inappropriate manner, please feel free
>  send  down  the  fire-breathing  trout  of vengeance to toast me in the pit
> of
>  eternal torment.

Natasha, believe it or not, this is a very serious topic for me. I do
not want to raise any temperatures. I think there is a serious problem
that needs to be addressed.

> Although Max's <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> clearly states that:
>
> " It fixes charset issues of the latest 3.5.xx
>
> > I had no idea that instead of this ostensible objective RL was going to use
> > me
> > as an alpha tester for a feature or enhancement that would distort the
> > content
> > of messages that I transmit.

That is correct, Natasha. And, if I recall correctly, you also had no
idea that you were testing a new feature that was going to change the
content of your messages. According to Max, the purpose of that MSI
was to fix existing issues in 3.5.xx - which, it seems, did not
include the loss of content in messages that you discovered in 3.51.
Also, please read what Max said again. He was giving us an MSI that
was intended to fix one last problem in 3.5.xx before putting this
release up for download. With an introduction like that - and with the
BayesIt problem still unresolved - who would imagine that we would be
embarking on an entirely new series of beta (pardon, me, alpha)
testing of a very risky nature? Certainly I did not expect that, and I
was genuinely shocked to discover it.

> > So I have a fundamental concern here. I believe that the July 6 announcement
> > of 3.51 on this forum (see below) was entirely misleading.
>
> Based on?

See above.

--
jaywalker
Windows XP Pro SP2 and The Bat! Pro (No OTFE) 3.5.36