Gleason, one thing more that I neglected to say...

On 7/25/05, Gleason Pace wrote:
> I disagree.  The past few betas have been much, much better in general
> use.  For the first time in months, I can say that I am delighted to
> be able to use TB as my full time email client.  My suggestion is to
> get 3.51.10 out there.  A lot of people will be gratified.

I am happy for you that you can once again use TB as your full-time
email client. Really I am. But I think that with your words you are
only confirming the astute observation of Goncalo on the "3.51,
Communications, and Ethics" thread regarding the distinction between
beta testing and beta using.

It is my opinion that beta testers - or at least those who guide a
beta testing program - must never forget that beta testing is
primarily in service of a wider community of product users. Unless all
product users are also beta testers, this primary purpose of beta
testing must not be sidelined by the personal interests of the beta
testers (who also choose to be beta users).

--
jaywalker
Windows XP Pro SP2 and The Bat! Pro (No OTFE) 3.5.36