On 7/25/05, Marek Mikus wrote:
> >> My suggestion remains the same (as mentioned in the "3.51,
> >> Communications, and Ethics" thread): Drop back to 3.5.36 and package
> >> something from there - before you started trying to resolve some
> >> additional charset issues - for distribution as your 3.51 release.
> >> Once you have something on your Web site that non-beta-testers can
> >> download, you can pick up again with this 3.51.xx series of beta
> >> tests.
>
> > I disagree.  The past few betas have been much, much better in general
> > use.  For the first time in months, I can say that I am delighted to
> > be able to use TB as my full time email client.  My suggestion is to
> > get 3.51.10 out there.  A lot of people will be gratified.
>
> Agree, last builds are very good and except some remaining issues they
> are good for release.

I am confused, Marek. When you say "except for some remaining issues",
are you saying that 3.51.10 should be released to the public or not?
No one is arguing that the 3.51.xx beta series is unproductive. The
question is only why such a prolonged series has begun when the 3.5.xx
series ended on such a poor release - the 3.5.30 that is on the RL
download page for over a month now. Of course, this is a moot point if
you believe that 3.51.10 should take the place of 3.5.30 on the RL Web
site. Is that what you want?

--
jaywalker
Windows XP Pro SP2 and The Bat! Pro (No OTFE) 3.5.36