Hello Gary,

>> >4. Every other email client allows the user to choose whether he wishes
>> >to accept a cert, any cert for IMAP. I'm a grown up guy, and I can make
>> >my own decisions if I want to accept a cert or not. Jumping through
>> >hoops to get to an IMAP server, after you used Stunnel a few 1000
>> >times, is just a pain - unnecessary I might add.  It is just easier to
>> >use another client.
>
>> And how do you know that first time that you are accepting certificate
>> from a server if it is self-signed?

> read up on DNS. Have you ever built DNS servers professionally, or
> maintained at least one? Do you understand how it works. Have you ever
> built email/IMAP/POP servers professionally, or maintained one or 100s of
> them?

This has nothing to do with DNS. You don't need to "redirect" user
data for this. Simply own a server/router in between, create a
certificate and make the server transparent.

And yes I built and installed 10s of mail systems on Linux, NetWare and
Windows and currently maintaining about 7 of them.

All of them have _valid_ CA authority signed not expired certificates.
I don't know, maybe I'm just stupid and my clients just wastes money
on them, but this is how the thing are done in the part of the world
where I'm living in. Maybe in yours invalid certificates are usuall
and this is normal.

 Vilius