Hello Sebastian,

> What normal user expect is:
> 1. HTML templates
> 2. HTML pictures

Yes, that is important. More and more newsletters are not readable
without showing the pcitures.

> 3. Account like in OE (example: one  Incoming  folder for couple Accounts)

No go. If it is optional I don't mind. But that is one of the reasons
I never would use Outlook as mail client for more than one account. I
simply need the separation of the incoming accounts.

If you really do want that then make a gerneric incoming folder and
define a filtering rule.

> 4. Improved backup and folder/message maintenance (.bin files problems)
> 5. RSS native support

Would be nice to have. Also like newsgroups. But let's focus on the
main task of The Bat: mails... ;)

> 6. better IMAP
> 7. better calendar and exchange support

At least a calendering feature that supports WEBDAV or similar
protocols. That also would make it possible to use ZIMBRA as
mailserver.

> 8. Linux version

Would be nice too, but I think when The Bat runs via Wine it also is
fine, isn't it?

> 9. ldap v3 with TLS/SSL

More important is that you would have the choice even to override
invalid protocols (in case one is expired or something like that).

> What I expect:
> 1. Bugfixes

Of course.

> 2. News and RSS native support

Would be very nice.

> 3. HTML tamplates and pictures

At least the pictures are a MUST.

> 4. PocketPC version with synchronization

As I don't have a pocketPC version... However this feature isn't as
important as it looks like. When you have an IMAP functionality then
it is enough for the mails. However there should be a possibility to
synchronise Calendar and Contacts.

But I don't think that this is a task for the mail client. This better
is implemented on the mailserver (e.g. synchronisation with Active
Sync over the air).

> 5. Mouse gestures

Well, I do like them but I never missed them in The Bat...

> 6.  ACAP  implementation  for  auto-choose  best  secure connection to
> server

Nice to have. But I also didn't miss that yet...

 Martin                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]