"Maxim Masiutin" wrote on 25/02/2008 at 21:07:47 +1100
subject "4.0.14.7" :

> The Bat! 4.0.14.7 is available at
> http://www.ritlabs.com/download/files3/the_bat/beta/tb40147.rar

> What's new in 4.0.14.7 since 4.0.14.5:
> [-] (#0005063) Wrong account could be used when mass mailing

Printing of HTML incorrect. Big characters are not printed in big,
but in very small. Please see the attached MSG.

It already occurred in 4.0.14.5.

Confirmations?

--
Sincerely
Hendrik Oesterlin - email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Recurrent laryngeal papillomatosis is a benign disease of the larynx often
leading to organic and functional restrictions. The therapeutic treatment of
choice in larynx-obstructing papillomatosis is at present surgical laser
ablation. The effectiveness of adjuvant intralesional injection of the
virustaticum Cidofovir has been investigated recently in a variety of
therapeutic models. The present case study deals with the treatment of
recurrent laryngeal papillomatosis by means of surgical laser ablation of the
laryngeal papillomas with adjuvant local injection of the virustaticum
Cidofovir (dose of 5 mg/1 ml). Within the period from October 2001 to August
2004, ten patients aged between 5- and 70 years were treated with intralesional
injections of Cidofovir. Papillomatosis was confirmed histologically in all
cases, and the virus types were defined in part. Each of the patients underwent
clinical-phoniatric examinations and was photographed for documentation. After
2-7 treatments with surgical laser papilloma ablation and intralesional
Cidofovir injections, all patients showed a definite papilloma reduction, while
in six cases complete remission was achieved. During the follow-up period of
8-30 months, not a single recurrence of the laryngeal papillomatosis occurred.
In the majority of patients, a clear improvement in the voice was achieved.
There were no local or systemic side effects caused by the virustaticum.
Intralesional injection of Cidofovir is an adjuvant, but not a curative
therapeutic option in recurrent laryngeal papillomatosis. Remission of
previously frequently recurrent laryngeal papillomas can be achieved, but
recurrence after longer treatment-free intervals is also possible.

Cidofovir for the treatment of recurrent respiratory papillomatosis: a review
of the literature.
Shehab N, Sweet BV, Hogikyan ND.
Department of Pharmacy Services, University of Michigan Health System,
University Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-0008, USA. [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Recurrent respiratory papillomatosis (RRP) is a rare but potentially severe
disease caused by papillomavirus, most often types 6 and 11. The disease, which
occurs in both juvenile and adult forms, is characterized by benign epithelial
tumors of the airway that most frequently affect the larynx but can also spread
along the entire aerodigestive tract. Recurrent respiratory papillomatosis is
the most common benign neoplasm of the larynx in children and the second most
frequent cause of childhood hoarseness. Standard treatment, which is palliative
only, consists of surgical excision of papillomata to maintain airway patency
and improve voice quality. Recurrence despite repeated surgical procedures is
the rule. To date, incorporation of adjuvant treatments has not been reliably
beneficial in altering the disease course. Several case series have described
promising results with cidofovir, a cytosine nucleoside analog with antiviral
activity. To evaluate the data available on the safety and efficacy of
cidofovir for the treatment of RRP, we conducted a MEDLINE search for all case
reports or series from January 1966-August 2004 describing cidofovir therapy in
either adults or children with RRP. The bibliographies of qualifying articles
were also searched for relevant references. In both adults and children with
mild-to-severe RRP, intralesional administration of cidofovir directly into the
site of papillomata was associated with partial-to-complete regression of
papillomata, improvement in voice quality and airway status, and decreased need
for surgery. Wide variation in intralesional cidofovir dose (2-57 mg),
frequency (every 2-8 wks), and duration (4 mo-4 yrs) was found. Successful
outcomes have also been reported with intravenous cidofovir, but data are
limited to three case reports. Rash, headache, and precordialgia were the only
adverse effects reported with intralesional cidofovir. Nephrotoxicity and
neutropenia secondary to either intralesional or intravenous cidofovir were not
observed. Long-term risks associated with intralesional administration remain
to be seen. Further studies are necessary to determine the most appropriate
dose, frequency, and duration of therapy, and to fully characterize the safety
profile profile of cidofovir when given intralesionally.

Cidofovir: to use or not to use?
Soma MA, Albert DM.
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Great Ormond St Hospital
for Children, London, UK.

PURPOSE OF REVIEW: Cidofovir is an antiviral agent that has been used
increasingly in the last decade as an adjuvant therapy for recurrent
respiratory papillomatosis. It has been used in patients with moderate to
severe recurrent respiratory papillomatosis requiring frequent surgical
intervention or if there is evidence of distal spread. Intralesional
administration after surgical debulking delivers the medication directly to the
site of disease and is thought to have fewer systemic side effects than
intravenous infusion. This review examines recent publications for evidence of
safety and efficacy. RECENT FINDINGS: Despite its growing popularity, the
potential risks related to cidofovir use in recurrent respiratory
papillomatosis have not been well documented. It is known to be nephrotoxic
when administered intravenously and there remains concern that cidofovir has
carcinogenic potential based on animal studies (mammary adenocarcinoma in
rats). A review of the literature reveals no randomized controlled trials, one
case-control study, multiple case series and case reports only. Study
populations are small, however complete response rates have consistently been
reported in approximately 60%. SUMMARY: Based on current opinion and research,
it is likely that intralesional cidofovir will continue to have a role in the
management of moderate to severe recurrent respiratory papillomatosis. Further
studies are required to assess long-term outcomes.

--- End Message ---