Hello Martin,

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:00:40 +0100 GMT (27/02/2008, 19:00 +0700 GMT),
Martin Schuster wrote:

>> Please no! I  would ensure that it always shows a non-desired address
>> first. I think I would disable autocomplete from history then (and
>> grieve for it).

MS> I think this is a misunderstanding, because in the email before that I
MS> wrote:

MS>>> I can, however, delete the entry this way when I use the above
MS>>> mentioned button on the right side of the address field to open the
MS>>> list, go down with the cursor key and hit enter.
MS>>>
MS>>> BTW: This list shows all entries in a non alphabetic order, so it can be
MS>>> hard to find the entry to delete. What order is used there?

MS> So I thought it was obvious that I did *not* mean the list that pops
MS> up as soon as you start typing (let's call it the "autocomplete
MS> list"). There, I agree, the last used item should be on top.

We agree on the last item to be on top.

MS> Instead I meant the list of manually entered addresses (let's call it
MS> the "manual address list", that's the one that opens when you click
MS> the down-arrow-button on the right of an address field). I think an
MS> alphabetic list would make more sense there, since this is just a list
MS> of all addresses I ever typed in manually, so it would be more easy to
MS> find an item. Or am I getting something wrong here?

Hm. In my understanding, this actually *is* the history list. To make
my point, my addressbook in the office is completely empty, I use
*only* the history.

MS>>> Hm, but I guess that's something that depends on taste and the way
MS>>> you use that list. I use it only to delete erratic or unused
MS>>> entries.

>> And I use the autocomplete function to autocomplete email addresses -
>> there you see how people use it differently. ;-)

MS> That's right again. I too use the autocomplete list to autocomplete, and
MS> the manual address list for managing manually entered addresses ;-)

I am referring to the manually added addresses, i.e. the history,
which I use to autocomplete. ;-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Tuesday at 4:00 PM there will be an ice cream social. All ladies
giving milk will please come early.

Message reply created with The Bat! 4.0.14.7