Hello all,

some experiences regarding upgrade to .11:

1)
As Marek wrote on Friday evening, creating a backup on .7, exchanging
thebat.exe to .11 and restoring the previously created backup did not
work. I checked that and I can confirm, that performing these
operations only results in empty message bases, i.e. The Bat shows the
folders but they don't contain any messages.

2)
I also tried exchanging thebat.exe as I usually do and restarting The
Bat afterwards. All the folders were still present, and every message
was still there. A new message index in MESSAGES.TBN was created on
startup. When this file was deleted, it was recreated on startup
again. When MESSAGES.TBI was deleted it had no effect. So apparently,
simply exchanging thebat.exe is the best way to upgrade to the new
version.

Marek, is there a way you especially suggest?
Those who upgraded successfully, how did you do it?
Those who couldn't upgrade, what did you try?

Best regards,
mse
--
Using The Bat! v4.0.34.7 on Windows XP 5.1 Build  2600 Service Pack 3,
AVP Manager 1.0.0 Virus Plugin, no Macro-Plugin, no OTFE