Hello Jon,

> I have several accounts that move all of the incoming messages to my
> primary account. The filters are for each account and are working
> automatically and perfectly. Once the messages are in my primary
> account's inbox, things do not get filtered automatically. There are
> several filters directing messages to other folders within the primary
> account. None of these are working automatically, yet when I
> re-filter, they work flawlessly.

Things are working as they should. Incoming filters are applied during
'message retrieval' (when downloading them from server), that's how and
why your messages from other accounts are moved to your main account
Inbox. But once moved (or when moving them, manually or with filters) to
your main account Inbox there is no 'message retrieval' taking place and
Incoming filters in your main account are not applied and can't be
triggered. I am sure that if all those messages were retrieved from some
mailbox directly to your main account the filters would work.

Now, re-filtering is different because what it is doing is getting all
message in your main Inbox and checking them against the filters.

If I understand correctly what you are trying to do, you can probably
achieve it if your copy your main account filters as Common Incoming
filters and share them with the other accounts. This way, when your
retrieve messages with one of those accounts, those that meet the
criteria in the Common filters will be moved to the desired folder
instead in your main account instead of just to its Inbox. I haven't
tried it but I think it should work.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v4.0.34.13 on Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 3