Hello All.
Am I alone in thinking that the Synchronise function does not behave
correctly?
It is my opinion that synchronisation should merge two legitimate
message databases, and produce a legitimate version which will contain
any changes made in both original versions. An example might help!!

I log in to The Bat on my PC in the morning, read messages and reply
to a few. During the day I use Voyager on a memory stick and read any
new messages etc. On the way home during a long train journey I tidy
up the folders deleting some messages. On my return home, the
"Synchronise" function works - apart from re constituting the messages
that I'd deleted when I tidied the folders.

In database synchronisation the function is based on the time-stamps
of each transaction. Shouldn't it be the same with the Bat.
I deliberately deleted many messages at 3pm, so why were these folders
repopulated with the contents as at 9am.

If I had wanted to recover from a damaged message base, that's what
Backup and Restore are for.

On a very positive note, I'm finding Voyager much more reliable than
previous versions - I no longer need a "backup" EMail system as I'm
now confident in The Bat/Voyager combination..

Best regards,
Hamish
mailto:ham...@albanach.net