Hi, Marck.

On Saturday, June 15, 2002, 12:47:02 PM, you wrote:

>> %To=""%To="""%OFROMNAME on TBUDL"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"

> <snip>

>> %OFROMNAME on TBUDL

>> is enclosed in TWO pairs of quotation marks. If so, can someone tell
>> me why? If not, where am I wrong in my analysis?

> These are embedded literal quotes.

I guess you're saying that the embedded quotes will be displayed, to
give something like:

     "Marck D Pearlstone on TBUDL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

as opposed to:

      Marck D Pearlstone on TBUDL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

which would result from:

      %To=""%To=""%OFROMNAME on TBUDL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"

Am I right?

> However, that macro could have been
> written: %To=""%To='"%OFROMNAME on TBUDL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>',
> which makes much more sense.

Yes, the same as Allie's suggestion, which is easily understandable,
but does NOT have the "embedded literal quotes", unless I've
misunderstood.

Would the following work and result in the literal quotes?

      %To=""%To="'"%OFROMNAME on TBUDL"' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"

In fact, I think something like this (or the original), rather than
the one you and Allie suggested, would be needed to avoid the

    Allie C Martin on [TBUDl] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

which is causing Allie problems, wouldn't it?

--
Keith Russell           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Useless Invention: Camcorder with braile-encoded buttons."