Hi all,

On Sunday, October 03, 1999, 4:48:20 PM (-5 GMT), Claude scribbled:

>>> BTW, Werner, I just realized that we are dicussing this in the wrong
>>> list; we should move to TBUDL.

> :)))))

> btw, this point was discussed a few days ago: see the "Quote
> prefixing rehash" thread...

No Claude. This is a different matter. The point is that if someone were
to innocently write to you and place '>' signs for whatever reason in
the body of their text problems may arise. If the '>' appears within the
first twenty characters of the line it is treated as a quote prefix and
the reply quote prefix placed inappropriately in front of it.

Hit the reply button and look at the text below:

Go to Account -> Properties.
then templates -> reply and disable/deselect initials. Look where the
quote prefixes, '>', end up. Not a good thing is it?

I think that you had already alluded to this. On the list we don't have
this problem since we can add a space before starting the line but what
about incoming mail where the user of another client is not aware of the
problem? You'll be faced with a paragraph of quote prefixes
inappropriately placed when you hit the reply button as illustrated
above

--
Regards,
 -=Ali=-