Hi there!

On 21 Nov 99, at 23:30, tracer wrote
    about "Re[2]: (SOT) Moo-ah, Met-ah, Med-ah":

> Alexander> But these are *Russian* bears:-))..... They know! Those
> Alexander> Americans are really funny, they (provided that they know
> Alexander> *what and where* Russia is anyway) still seem to believe it's
> Alexander> common for the wild bears to walk down the streets in Russia:-)
> Alexander> At least I've already seen 3 such guys (all of them Americans)
> Alexander> who were *really* deadly surprised not to find those bears in
> Alexander> the streets......... and a friend of mine now working in the
> Alexander> Silicon valley met 2 other Americans, who seemed to believe
> Alexander> that Russia is located somewhere next to Venezuela:-))

> whats wrong with that?

Nothing in particular:-))) At least, it leaves *me* calm:-)

> They tested students in the past on their chemistry knowledge  and
> according to some Sodium Chloride was a green gas....

Well, well..... AFAIK this summer there was a heated
discussion in Oxford whether to teach their math students what
"uniformly continuous function" is or NOT:-))) ROTFLMAO, as
you say:-) This is exactly what *our* students are taught in the
*very* first semester:-))

> But you are missing out on a tourist attraction, train some
> bears  and get the tourists to visit them. Obviously wanting
> repeat visits you cannot let those bears eat them (at least
> not all of them....)

Interesting idea, that:-)

> By the way a friend has an internet cafee and yesterday his
> internet browser looked 'odd' he said. Some smart visitor had
> switched him to the Russian character set...

Apparently it was Russian:-) It's somehow a thing *every*
Russian does first of all approaching *any* web browser
anywhere:-)

SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)
--
Thought for the day:
  Friends don't let friends use Windows.

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---