On Monday, November 22, 1999, Pasquale J. Festa Sr. wrote:

> I've noticed my letters and others seem truncated into more than one
> line, I don't think I'am hitting enter to early. Is there any other
> way for this to happen?

Pasquale, messages that you receive will wrap in the display panes -
either in the preview pane or the message display in the Folder View -
depending on the width of the pane, as well as how the message is
formatted as sent to you. If you are getting an odd wrap in most of your
messages, make the display panes wider. Note well: To see the change
take effect, go to a different message. The messages do not wrap
dynamically as you change the width of the display panes (for good
reasons). You may need to choose a smaller font size in Options|Editor
Preferences|Display to set the width of the display panes to a
reasonable width.  Because of the way this works, a message can wrap
differently in the Preview pane and in the Folder View.

Most messages that I receive seem to be formatted with a hard return at
the end of lines, according to the settings that the author uses in his
mailer. If I make my display panes too narrow, these messages will wrap
awkwardly no matter than what. So, you need to make the display panes
wide enough to cover the range of line lengths that most people use. A
few messages will wrap dynamically in TB to the width of the display
pane, but not many.

I don't understand wrapping very well, but this is how I've found TB to
work.

--
Paula Ford
The Bat! 1.36 (reg)