Carsten Dreesbach wrote:

> Hello TBUDL,
>
> can anyone give me a hint of how to accomplish automatically sending a
> copy of messages to another e-mail address at the time of sending? The
> reason  I  want to do this is because I have both work and home e-mail
> accounts set up in both locations and I want to send a copy of mails I
> send  in both cases to the other address, i.e. sending mails from work
> using  my  home account should get a copy sent to my home account (and
> then  automatically  put  into the Sent folder there, but that's not a
> problem) and vice versa from home. Clear?
>
> I had set up something like this:
>
> Outgoing filter
> filters on Sender: <my e-mail address>, Yes
> Action: (I tried various, each one was done separately)
> 1. Forward to <my home address>
> 2. Redirect the message to <my home address>
> 3. Create a message for <my home address>
>
> Initially  I had set up sending immediate, which caused a self-spam of
> endlessly repeated messages! *grin* Not such a good idea!
>
> Can anyone tell me how to set this up properly?
>
> Also  another  question: when are filters on read mail triggered? They
> never seem to start, and I would have thought that once the message is
> marked  as  read,  it  should  trigger  this  filter - doesn't seem to
> happen. Anything special I need to do?

The simplest solution I've found so far is just add the %BCC="address"
macro to all your templates.  Then I have an Incoming mail Template set
up to move any messages from me to my sent folder.  That way it looks
almost exactly as though I sent the messages from the local machine,
well, at least to the approximation I need.

Actually, if you have a lot of templates that would be affected, instead
of adding just the %BCC macro, add a common quick template to all of them
with the %BCC in there.  That way you can update the address quickly if
ever you choose to change it, or if you wanted to add another address to
the list.

--
Thanks for writing!

Januk Aggarwal