Hey Michael,

CD>> If you do use it, sounds to me like the routing wants to go over DUN
CD>> first, _then_ the network.

MH> That is quite close, I think.  The question still is: why?

Ahh, now that's always the deep one, ain't it!? ;]

CD>> In that case I guess I can't help you except with the eternal
CD>> "reinstall Windows" advice - which I try and avoid like the plague!
CD>> ;] No, seriously though, maybe uninstalling DUN, rebooting and
CD>> reinstalling could fix this.

MH> I doubt that. If you read my original posting again you will see that
MH> the DUN windows comes up only when sending mail. It does *not* come up
MH> when retrieving mail.  On top of that, it does only come up the first
MH> time when sending after launching TB.

MH> Thus it looks like a TB problem to me, not like a Win98 problem. If it
MH> would be a Win98 problem, it would happen always and not only when
MH> sending mail.

Hmm... Gotta admit, this one's got me stumped. Could you maybe send me
how you configured your network (all params in the TCP/IP section) and
the  DUN  config  as well (all params for everything) and then get the
output of the following commands (done in a DOS window):

route print
netstat -a

With  that info maybe (and that's a big maybe! ;] ) I could figure out
what's happening... I still kinda think it's a Win98 problem.

- --
L8r!

    Carsten                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Today's hidden secret:

This is an answer given by an 11-year-old on a science exam:

To remove dust from the eye, pull the eye down over the nose.

 Using The Bat! 1.38e under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222  A
 on an Athlon 500 MHz, 256 MB RAM, 10 GB U2W HDD, TNT2U